Healthy relationships are the foundation for success at home, in school, in business and in community. Right from the Start works with students and families to help them build skills that will strengthen relationships in marriages and families, and help teens make positive choices.
Our mission is to reduce the divorce rate, reduce the number of out-of-wedlock pregnancies, and strengthen relationships between fathers and their children. This mission was built on a success continuum born out of research showing that people who:
1. finish school and get a job,
2. marry after age 20, and
3. wait until marriage to have children
have a 70% chance of avoiding poverty. The result is the opposite for people who invert the order.
Our keystone programs include:
1. Relationship Education and Leadership (REAL) – evidenced-based curricula presented to ninth grade students that teaches skills to help them make and maintain positive relationships and avoid negative behaviors
2. All Pro Dad – monthly gatherings that allow dads and their children an opportunity to focus on one another, building communication skills and strengthening their relationship
3. Family First – a class that helps families build communication skills and develop strategies for successfully navigating the challenges of everyday life
4. IDK – a workshop that helps parents and their pre-teens navigate the potentially awkward first conversation about puberty, reproduction and God’s plan for healthy living
Right from the Start has served more than 31,000 people since our inception in 2009. We know that relationships matter!